Employment Law Services
We work with a wide range of employers, of varying sizes and industries, addressing their employment law needs in all areas, including prevention, training, consultation, investigation, and litigation.
We work with clients on a wide range of employment related issues including:
- Employment Manuals
- Employment Contracts
- Restrictive Covenants
- Severance Agreements
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Wage and Hour, Overtime, and Fringe Benefits
- Employee and Independent Contractor Issues
- At-will /Just Cause relationships
- EEO Compliance
- Discrimination and Harassment-Age, Race, Gender, Religion, National Origin, Marital Status, Pregnancy, Disability, Veteran Status, Genetic Information.
- Title VII and Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act
- Compliance and accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) and Michigan Persons with Disabilities Act (“MPDA”)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”)
- Whistle-blowing and retaliation
- COBRA and ERISA
- Unemployment Compensation
- Background Checks
- Drug Testing and Medical Marihuana
- Workplace Violence
- Social Media
In addition to assisting business employers, we also provide counsel and advice to individuals in connection with employment matters, such as employment agreements, restrictive covenants, severance packages, disciplinary issues, wrongful termination, accommodation issues, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation and administrative issues.
We have experience handling employment issues in administrative forums, such as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, the Federal and Michigan Departments of Labor, OSHA, the Michigan Unemployment Appeals Agency, and more. We also handle all kinds of civil litigation in state and federal courts.
For our health care clients, we have the experience to handle their unique employment issues, employment contracts and non-competes, credentialing, licensing, and peer review issues, National Practitioner Data Bank Reports, privacy compliance issues, Medicare, Stark and anti-kickback compensation and referral issues, and more.